Getting ready to graduate? We asked our Facebook fans to share their advice about landing a wow-worthy job. From creating your first portfolio to setting up a Facebook page to promote your work, these grads have been there. Let their advice guide you on your journey:
- Tiffany C. – “I graduated almost two years ago, and I landed my dream job by getting out and meeting new people and building connections.”
- Katie L. – “Have a great lookbook with at least 10 looks. Also, have a professional resume with a cover letter. Lastly, make sure you look the part, and be professional in every situation. The world’s a small place.”
- Ashley R. – “Take part in Salon Fair. Never stop researching up-and-coming styles. Take lots of before and after pictures. Work on customer service skills. Do thorough consultations. Put yourself out there! Market! Go visit local salons; get a vision and a 5 year plan for where you want to be in your future career, and don’t settle for anything less!”
- Nic M. – “Start looking before you graduate, research the salons you’re interested in. Make sure they provide ongoing training/education. Research the types of products they use, tools, what their salon’s protocol is and always be professional.”
- Alisha I. – “Get a job in the industry while you’re still in school. I got a job as a salon receptionist right after I started school, and I was able to move right into stylist training after I was licensed.”
- Jessica P. – “Keep a portfolio, and get the word out!! Talk to everyone. You never know if someone knows of a salon that’s hiring.”
- Bri C. – “Make a Facebook page for your work! A very easy way to get your work seen!”
Inspired yet? Go forth in fabulousness!
And remember, as a Regency Beauty Institute grad, you can always call Career Services for extra pointers: 800-787-6456 – Option 5.